Over time, I would like to build out the web site to give the content greater breadth and value. I am currently looking for ideas and suggestions to make the web site more useful for Mt Washington dog lovers. I would love to receive your input on this subject...
What do you need to make your life easier? What do you need to make your dog's life easier? What content would encourage you to visit/participate on the site with greater regularity?
Here are some of my thoughts on content that might add value to the site:
- A list or recommended vendors for dog related items: vets, groomers, kennels, etc...
- User reviews of the vets, groomer, kennels
- Before & after pics of dogs after they have visited groomers
- A list of local rescue organizations (and organizations with fostering opportunities)
I also have been kicking around a couple of larger ideas that would require some more detailed development. What would you think of the following:
1) A calendar of dog-related events in the Baltimore area. I could probably configure this to allow site members to add events. This could potentially get large fairly quickly, so it would need to be curated.
2) A dog-sitting co-op that would allow members to offer and receive dog-sitting services. Members could earn credits by dog-sitting for other member. They could redeem those credits for dog-sitting services when they go out of town.
Please let me know what you think. I appreciate all feedback!
Thanks for all of your hard work on this, Al. I, in particular LOVE the dog-sitting exchange idea. The other ideas are great as well, but all exist in some form or other elsewhere, so may not be as worthy of your time. Thanks again!!